Manchester United are closing in on securing the £30 million transfer of Lucas Moura from Sao Paulo, according to ESPN.
As we reported yesterday, the Red Devils had offered a gigantic fee for the attacking midfielder as Sir. Alex Ferguson finally admitted that the Old Trafford club needed to spend big this summer so they wouldn’t fall further behind Manchester City again next season.
19-year-old Lucas revealed on Monday that he was open to a move to Europe, which alerted Italian giants Inter Milan into making an offer that Sao Paulo director of football Joao Paulo de Jesus Lope mocked as “ridiculous”. Manchester United’s £30 million offer however is believed to have been accepted as a delegation from United have been sent to Brazil to begin talks with the player.
Moura’s father, who also acts as his agent, met Inter Milan officials recently and should begin talks with United soon. The player is also due to compete for the Brazil national team at the 2012 Olympics and would likely meet with Sir. Alex Ferguson during his time in England.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 50 Sexiest Women You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 10 Great Footballers Who Made Terrible Managers
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time
- 50 Great Footballers Who Ruled 2012
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings