It’s almost here, the game we’ve all been waiting for ever since the two famous names were drawn together in Nyon, Switzerland, on Thursday 20th December.
Real Madrid vs Manchester United was the standout tie from the draw of the Last 16 in the UEFA Champions League, casting all others into the dark cool shade of superfluousness. It is a tie that will see two very famous individuals return to England – Jose Mourinho, former manager of Chelsea, and of course the supremely talented Cristiano Ronaldo, who spent 6 successful years at the Theatre of Dreams.
Domestically speaking, the two sides couldn’t have fared any differently this season. Real, the current champions of Spain, are languishing in 3rd place behind runaway leaders Barcelona, whilst United are the runaway leaders of the Premier League.
But Madrid will still be one of, if not the sternest tests Sir Alex Ferguson’s men will have had to have faced this season.
With the first leg at the Santiago Bernabeu, can United go there and win?
Here, we outline five ways the Red Devils can win this two-legged tie.
Click “Next” to continue.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on February 12, 2013