In 2008, the greatest force that TNA has ever seen, the Main Event Mafia, was formed. Consisting of five of the biggest legends in the sport of pro-wrestling, Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Sting, Scott Steiner and Booker T, this group ran roughshod over TNA Wrestling, capturing every male title that the promotion had to offer. Together, the Main Event Mafia declared war on TNA’s young lions, claiming that they were disrespectful and wanting to bring back respect into the company.
Although the Main Event Mafia eventually dissolved because of the members’ own individual egos, they would never be forgotten as two years after their disbandment, the group of legends almost reassembled to face Immortal, TNA’s latest group that had complete control over the company as a result of Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan’s wiliness. Although Scott Steiner returned to TNA and allied with Kurt Angle, the plans to get the band together again fell apart quickly when Kevin Nash (as Diesel) and Booker T returned to WWE as surprise entrants in the 2011 Royal Rumble match.
Now two years after that failed reunion, Sting has announced that he will form a new Main Event Mafia to combat the Aces and Eights and hopefully take them down once and for all. With Booker T and Kevin Nash signed to contracts with WWE and Scott Steiner having a bad relationship with TNA, only Kurt Angle and Sting remain out of the original members. With Sting having revealed his plans to get together a new all-star team, I will take a look at the five best options for new Main Event Mafia members.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 WWE Divas With Salaries You Won’t Believe
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
This article was first posted on June 15, 2013