Film and food have always gone hand in hand and not in the Big Trouble in Little China themed Chinese restaurant kind of way, either. We mean the incredible, detailed dining locations that have become a cinematic set-piece. But then, we got thinking. Would you ever want to eat at one of these places? Were betting not. So, heres our list of 5 Movie Restaurants Youd Never Want To Eat At.
5. Dorsia American PsychoLook, it doesnt matter how good the food is. If Patrick Bateman is prepared to axe murder you over getting his reservation its probably not worth it. We never even get a glimpse inside, but its safe to assume its awash with all the glamour, debauchery and trust-fund bankers the 80s had to offer. Bet the portions are tiny.
4. Chotchkies Office SpaceHey amigo, fancy some shrimp poppers, pizza shooters or extreme fajitas? No, you dont. Nobody does. Not ever. And if that waiter makes another crack about having a case of the Mondays - well, maybe its time to reconsider that workplace rampage. With all the fun and ambience of a shoe factory, Chotchkies is the kind of restaurant you find yourself trapped in by accident. Maybe you snuck in to use the bathroom, got intercepted by a waiter and were too embarrassed to say you didnt want anything. But hey, it might mean you meet your kung-fu adoring future soulmate. So - not all bad.
3. The Diner Pulp FictionCant a man just enjoy some breakfast without someone pointing a gun in his face? Not in the Pulp Fiction diner. Take a look at your lukewarm black coffee and think of all the things you could be eating. A Big Kahuna Burger from Big Kahuna Burger. A $5 shake from Jackrabbit Slims served by Buddy Holly (psst - its Steve Buscmi). But no, youre sucking down watery coffee in the midst of being mugged by Tim Roth and his angry girlfriend. We know which wed prefer.
2. The Cantina Star Wars: A New HopePirates, smugglers, wookies and Jedi Knights. Hope you didnt plan on getting a spot at the bar anytime soon, these guys dont play well with others. And that idiot bands been playing that same song for six hours. Its probably wise to stick to bar snacks. Great. Now Han Solos just shot a guy in the corner. Oh, hold on, maybe the other guy shot first.
1. Chez Quis Ferris Buellers Day OffAfter months of planning, saving and panicked menu scrutinising you get a table at Chez Quis, one of the swankiest and most impressive restaurants in Chicago. Then some upstart teen, his mopey friend and giggly sidekick jump the queue with a lie about being a sausage magnate. Ridiculous. Want to steer clear of these sociopaths, thieves and 1980s teenagers? Then we suggest a night in with some delicious food - after all, takeaways are an awful lot safer. P.S. If you fancy some money off on that takeaway, follow JUST EAT on Twitter for all kinds of discounts and competitions.
We need more writers about No Ads! Get started below...