Overpaid. Arrogant. Immoral.
As each season goes by, the number of negative adjectives attributed to being a footballer increases. The culture that exists within the beautiful game has come under intense scrutiny in recent years, the London 2012 Olympics giving stark contrast to the behaviour and sportsmanship that exists outside the nation’s favourite sport.
However, there are always two sides to every coin. For every Bradley Wiggins, there’s a Lance Armstrong, for every Mo Farah, there’s a Dwain Chambers and for every Michael Phelps, there’s an entire Australian swimming team.
With last weekend’s Ligue 1 spectacle between PSG and Marseille being billed as Good vs Evil, could the same be said for footballers?
Hidden away under all the scandal and greed that seems to plague every national newspaper’s back page, I’ll be presenting 5 examples that all footballers aren’t inherently evil, but first, let’s take a look at 5 examples of what they’re up against . . .
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on March 1, 2013