The transfer window is a period in the season in which Premier League managers can bring in much needed reinforcements – a world class defender to plug a leaky defence, a midfield enforcer to drive the team forward, or a silky striker to bang in those much coveted goals.
But it’s also a period in which managers can get rid of some of the deadwood. The players who no longer serve a purpose, those that are deemed “surplus to requirements.”
Players like Andy Carroll, whom the Reds signed for £35 million from Newcastle and is now out on loan at West Ham.
While Rodgers has focused more on bringing in talent than getting rid of it this month, with the signing of Daniel Sturridge of Chelsea and Inter Milan’s Philippe Coutinho now well and truly in the bag, we believe that there are still some more Liverpool flops who need to be replaced before the transfer window slams shut today.
After all, if Liverpool are to qualify for the Champions League for the first time in three seasons, they’re going to need to have all guns blazing.
Here, we profile 5 players who Rodgers desperately needs to replace.
Click “Next” to continue.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on January 31, 2013