As covered across multiple writeups (see below for links), WWE went through its latest round of releases yesterday, letting go of a number of NXT and Performance Center staff members as part of its ongoing developmental overhaul.
Fightful's Sean Ross Sapp and PWInsider's Mike Johnson broke each development in this evolving story, with WWE issuing the following statement to both outlets:-
“With the continued evolution of NXT 2.0, we’ve decided to part ways with some of the staff based in our Performance Center. We thank them for their many contributions throughout the years and wish them the best.”
At the time of writing, here is a complete list of Wednesday's confirmed WWE NXT releases:-
- William Regal, director of talent development, head of global recruiting, and NXT General Manager.
- Brian 'Road Dogg' James, producer.
- Scott Armstrong, producer and referee.
- Timothy Thatcher, wrestler (though he'd been working as a PC coach since being taken off television months ago).
- Danny Burch, as Thatcher.
- Hideki 'Hachiman' Suzuki, Performance Center coach and Diamond Mine onscreen associate.
- Sarah Cummins, senior vice president of consumer goods.
- Chris Guy, Performance Center coach.
- Dave Kapoor, writer.
- Ryan Katz, NXT creative producer.
- Cathy Corino, coach.
- George Carroll, producer.
We'll bring you more on this story as it develops.